The Dominican Republic is the perfect cruise destination. Friendly locals, beautiful beaches and plenty things to do. With 6 Cruise Ports and millions of Cruise Visitors a year, the country became in the recent years on of the most important tourism destinations for Cruises. Here you can find all you to know to book a Cruise to The Dominican Republic!
All Cruise ports in the Dominican Republic
- Amber Cove – The Caribbean’s newest cruise port is located in the North of the Dominican Republic close to Puerto Plata. The new Amber Cove Cruise Center can accommodate up to 8000 cruise ship passengers and 2000 crew members. Click here to find more information about Puerto Plata.
- Isla Catalina – Cruise ships won’t dock here. Passengers will be tendered ashore to the beautiful island of Isla Catalina, Bayahibe, or Isla Saona. This area is known for spectacular beaches, great snorkling and other water sports.
- La Romana – La Romana is a medium sized city in the Dominican Republic. The must visit highlight in this region is the Casa de Campo luxury resort, which offers amazing beaches, sights, activities and great food and drinks.
- Punta Cana – Cruise ships won’t dock here. Passengers will be tendered ashore to the most famous beaches in the Dominican Republic. This area is known for its great hotels, thousands of activities and excursions.
- Samana Bay – This area is considered one of the most beautiful in the Dominican Republic. With major highlights like whale watching, caves, waterfalls and private islands with pristine white beaches. Click here to find more information about Samana.
- Santo Domingo – Cruise ships dock right downtown next to the Colonial Zone of Santo Domingo. Know as the oldest settlement in the Americas. The area feels like going back in time and is a must visit area for any visitor in The Dominican Republic. This is a must visit destination when you would like to Book a Cruise to The Dominican Republic.
Activites: Book a Cruise to The Dominican Republic
Are you looking for things to do when arriving by Cruise ship in the Dominican Republic? Here you can find a complete list with all activities and tours per destination.